We welcome group visits to the Museum during our regular opening hours.
Arrangements can be made to open at other times if your group exceeds 10 people. There is a charge of $3.00 per person for group visits outside of normal opening times.
Depending on the availability of a volunteer, we may also be able to organise a guided tour of the local area. An additional charge of $30 per half day may apply for guided tours.
All groups need to be booked at least one week in advance. This will allow us to organise our volunteer helpers.
When making the booking we will need to know the following information:
1. Your name and the name of the group
2. The size of your group
3. The date and time you hope to make your visit.
Groups of children aged 15 and under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Entry is free for members of groups who make self-guided tours of the Museum during regular opening hours. We do, however, appreciate donations.
Fees for special activities such as visits outside normal opening hours; guided tours or refreshments need to be negotiated with the Museum Manager at the time of booking.
Visitors with special needs
The Museum is a heritage building with some constraints that need to be taken into account when considering a group visit.
• the size and layout of the building limits to 45 the number of people that can be accommodated safely
• a steep staircase is the only access to the upper floor
• ramped access can be provided to the ground floor of the main building and to the yard but doorways are not wide enough for larger motorised wheelchairs
• toilet facilities do not meet disability standards
There is no visitor car or bus parking space at the Museum, but there is street parking in the immediate vicinity. Coaches may drop off and collect outside the Museum. Parking for buses carrying up to 12 passengers may be possible with prior arrangement.
Organise your next visit, book a group or view museum hours.